Today, President Obama designated a new national monument at the historic site of the Stonewall Uprising in New York City, honoring the movement for LGBT equality. The new Stonewall National Monument protects the area where LGBTQ people fought back against a police raid that took place on June 28, 1969 and helped start the fight to bring full equality and dignity to the LGBTQ community. Watch the video to learn more.
- URGENT ACTION: Submit comments opposing the Trump Administration’s cruel new policy attacking transgender people experiencing homelessness
- URGENT ACTION: Submit comments opposing the Proposed Rule on Asylum
- #NCLR2020 Remarks by NCLR Executive Director Imani Rupert-Gordon
- Supporting Low-Income LGBTQ People During the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Helping LGBTQ Asylum Seekers Live the Lives They Deserve
Additional Civil Rights Criminalization & Incarceration Donor Stories Elders Employment Federal Legislation & Policy General Hate Crimes Healthcare Housing & Public Accommodations Immigration & Asylum Latest from Imani Marriage & Relationships Parenting Race & Poverty Relationships & Families Rural Communities SCOTUS Sports State Legislation & Policy Transgender Law Transgender Parents Transgender Youth Youth