- Relationships & Family > Parenting
- Relationships & Family > Marriage & Relationships
- Youth > Transgender Youth
- Youth > Education
- Racial & Economic Justice > Legal Aid & Legal Services
- Discrimination > Employment
- Discrimination > Housing & Public Accommodations
- Discrimination > Sports
- Discrimination > Healthcare
- Discrimination > Elders
Picking an attorney can be difficult if you have not worked with an attorney before, or do not often work with attorneys.
If possible, you should look for an attorney that you are comfortable working with. The attorney should understand the legal issues you face, and be LGBT-friendly. You should also find out ahead of time what the attorney will charge you for their services and how they will handle disagreements and conflicts between you.
Read our guide: How to Pick an Attorney (pdf).