How We Help: Community Members
The National Center for Lesbian Rights tirelessly advocates for federal legislative and policy changes that benefit the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender community.
The LGBT community has gained a number of crucial protections through policy and regulatory changes that impact everyday life. Please contact us if you:
- Experienced housing discrimination based on your gender identity or gender nonconformity
- Experienced housing discrimination in public housing (this includes discrimination in Section 8 housing, trying to secure an FHA-backed mortgage, or a homeless shelter) based on sexual orientation, gender identity, or marital status
- Are the victim of a violent crime that you believe you were targeted for based on LGBT identity
- Experienced discrimination or harassment from a law enforcement official
- Experienced discrimination based on gender identity or gender nonconformity in a hospital or other healthcare setting
- Are denied access to services supporting victims of domestic violence or abuse because of your gender or LGBT identity
- Experienced discrimination or harassment from a TSA or Customs agent while traveling
- Were denied access to a partner or family member while they were hospitalized
- Are (or know of) a young person who is being bullied or harassed in school because of LGBT identity
- Are a participant in Job Corps or the Peace Corps and are experiencing discrimination
Please contact Ming Wong at MWong@NCLRights.org if you have any questions or need help.