(San Francisco, CA, February 23, 2017)— Today, transgender and gender non-conforming (GNC) youth will join together with community organizations and allies from across the Bay Area to rally in front of San Francisco City Hall at 5 p.m. on February 23rd, 2017 to protest the Trump Administration’s announcement that the United States Department of Justice and Department of Education will no longer enforce Title IX to ensure that transgender and GNC students are treated equally when accessing gendered facilities in schools.
Rally to protest Trump Administration’s withdrawal of enforcement of Title IX and rescinding protections for trans/gnc youth.
San Francisco City Hall, 1 Dr Carlton B Goodlett Pl, San Francisco, CA 94102
5 p.m. PST, Thursday, February 23, 2017
Trans students and representatives from Bay Area organizations, including:
● GSA Network
● San Francisco Unified School District
● Youth Program at the SF LGBTQ Center
● AFT Local 2121: City College of San Francisco Faculty Union
● Center of Excellence for Transgender Health, UCSF
● Harvey Milk LGBTQ Democratic Club
● National Center for Lesbian Rights (NCLR)
● TAJA’s Coalition
● TGI Justice
● Transgender Law Center
● United Educators of San Francisco